TorchesAcrossAmerica

Torches Across America (TAA) is a motorcycle ride for all riders who want to show their respect to everyone who lost their lives and to the family's who lost their loved ones on that sad morning of September 11, 2001. TAA takes nine days, starting on the West Coast (Sept 3rd). Ride the whole trip, just through your state or a few miles when it comes in your area. If you can not take time to ride on the ride, everyone is welcome to be with us at any of the stops we make going across the country.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Maybe a 2012 Torches Across America 9/11 Memorial Ride

Hi Everyone,

Hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and are going to have a great New Years.

I am thinking about maybe doing another Torches Across America Ride this year.

The reason why is because of our troops coming home from Iraq. This coming 9-11 should be in honor of them because they and their families have made the most sacrifices of all Americans in America since 9-11.

I posted something today on the Torches Across America Facebook page to Suzanne Schneider saying, (this is the season to be giving and I was thinking about putting a TAA ride together for our military).

Well tonight I really do feel like putting it together because I just saw the World News (News Hour) on our local PBS station and they talked to four military personal that have been to Iraq and they said since they have been home not many Americans really care.

I know there are a lot of motorcycle riders in America that care and this coming 9-11 would be a great time to show them since 9-11 is why they were put in harms way and they and their families made to sacrifice so much.

This year if there is a ride it would start in Coronado, CA next to San Diego, CA on the 4TH of September.

At this time I do not know where the ride will end. It will be close to NYC on 9-11 and that is where I would need all the help I can get.

The hardest part of putting this ride together is ending it in NYC. It is a very small and super busy area for a large number of bikes to come into. And that is not even adding the trouble of the toll booths you have to go through. Also 9-11 is on a week day in 2012 and people will be working on that day. Liberty State Park in New Jersey would be a great place to end the ride and so would be attending the 9-11 Memorial Service in Jersey City, NJ. They are both right across the Hudson River from NYC.

Please let me know what you think about it. My wife said I could put this ride together if she could ride it on a Goldwing tike so I asked Les’s wife tonight if Les would let us use his for the ride and she said it would be possible but I have not talked to Les yet. Les has not been able to ride it since his stroke a couple of years ago.

My laptop crashed a couple of years ago and I lost all the TAA sign up email address and a few weeks ago my Yahoo email address book was hacked and I had no email addresses left in it. This weekend I was going through all my disk with TAA pictures and things on them to sort of clean my work room up and I came across a disk with TAA peoples address on it.

So if you receive this email and you do not want to be on TAA email list please let me know and I will take you off of it. I will do it without you having to cuss at me also, ok.

Have a great night.
Gary Covert

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home